LandPKS in Use
LandPKS offers a suite of tools for researchers. Identify your soil and (for rangeland) your ecological site. Monitor vegetation and soil health. Collect BLM and NRCS-compatible data. Crowdsource management information.
© Mark Godfrey, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
A Simple Tool for Researchers
With the LandPKS app, you can identify soils at a site based on location and your inputs to the app. Collect BLM-AIM and NRCS-NRI compatible vegetation cover and composition data and automatically graph indicators. Increase replication by crowdsourcing land management information. Keep data private or share with others on the Data Portal. For instructions on getting started with LandPKS for land-use planning, download the user guide below.
- Identify soil at your sitel based on your location and NRCS (US) or FAO (International) data
- Record slope, texture, and color for a more accurate Soil ID
- Access estimates of the infiltration rate and water holding capacity of the soil at your site. View how these change with increased soil organic matter.
Collect BLM-AIM/NRCS-NRI-compatible Rangeland Indicators
- Perform 20-minute cover, composition, and height vegetation monitoring using a yardstick
- View calculated and graphed indicators
Monitor Soil Health and Land Management Activities (North America only)
- Plan and track land management activities like plantings, weed and pest management, and erosion control
- Track visual soil health indicators including soil erosion and biological activity
- Store lab data with your field observations for easy reference
Find tutorials, videos, and helpful guides for using LandPKS. Learn more about the methods used in the app. Access student and teacher resources. Access helpful resources for managing your land.
Training & User Guides
Videos and downloadable guides to quickly learn how to use LandPKS, as well as tech support.
LandPKS Modules & Functions
Descriptions and background information for each of the LandPKS modules.
© Raquel Wertsbaugh, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
Articles, books, and reports on research supporting LandPKS development and implementation.
From Our Blog
News, updates, and deep-dives into the LandPKS platform and resources for sustainable land management.
Since 2019, soilID, which links LandPKS users to existing soil maps of their location, has been at the core of LandPKS, and we just released a new version, available now.
LandPKS in the Field
Download LandPKS today for free and discover the value and potential of your land. Use this information to plan and track management actions, and to monitor soil health and vegetation indicators over time.
Details on upcoming LandPKS trainings, webinars, conferences, and other events.
© Meghan Mize, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
We have no events planned at the moment. Check back soon!