LandPKS in Use
LandPKS offers a suite of tools for agricultural extension. Document site characteristics, identify soils, and complete Land Capability Classification (LCC) for improved land management. Use LandPKS modules to optimize recommendations and allow farmers to easily document and communicate management and production data.
A Site-Specific Tool for Agricultural Extension
With the LandPKS app, you can identify soils at a site based on location and your inputs to the app. Use your data to determine the Land Capability Class. Keep data private or share with others on the Data Portal. For instructions on getting started with LandPKS for agricultural extension, download the user guide below.
© Edward Yeboah
Soil Identification and Site Characterization
- Identify soil at your site based on your location and NRCS (US) or FAO (International) data
- Record slope, texture, and color for more accurate soil ID
- Access estimates of the infiltration rate and water holding capacity of the soil at your site. View how these change with increased soil organic matter.
- Access climate data at your site including temperature, precipitation, and growing degree days
Determine Land Capability Class (LCC)
- For international users: Calculate LCC to determine potential uses and degradation risks based on soil identification and limitations of your site. Remove limitations for a user-defined LCC based on your management.
- For US users: Access USDA-determined LCC based on your soil identification.
Collect BLM-AIM/NRCS-NRI-Compatible Vegetation Monitoring Indicators
- 20-minute cover, composition, and height vegetation monitoring using a yardstick
- View calculated and graphed indicators
Monitor Soil Health and Land Management Activities
- Plan and track land management activities like plantings, weed and pest management, and erosion control
- Track visual observations like soil smell and biological activity
- Store lab data with your field observations for easy reference
Find tutorials, videos, and helpful guides for using LandPKS. Learn more about the methods used in the app. Access student and teacher resources. Access helpful resources for managing your land.
Training & User Guides
Videos and downloadable guides to quickly learn how to use LandPKS, as well as tech support.
Examples of how LandPKS is being used across the globe.
LandPKS Modules & Functions
Descriptions and background information for each of the LandPKS modules.
From Our Blog
News, updates, and deep-dives into the LandPKS platform and resources for sustainable land management.
This webinar series targets rangeland managers and others who are interested in learning how to use LandPKS and in exploring the app’s new Habitat and Soil Health modules in a rangeland management context.
LandPKS in the Field
Download LandPKS today for free and discover the value and potential of your land. Use this information to plan and track management actions, and to monitor soil health and vegetation indicators over time.
Details on upcoming LandPKS trainings, webinars, conferences, and other events.