LandPKS In Use
LandPKS offers a suite of tools for ranchers and other rangeland managers. Identify your soil and ecological site. Measure BLM and NRCS-compatible indicators. Monitor soil health.
© Alston Williamson, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
A simple tool for rangeland management
With the LandPKS app, you can identify your soil and ecological site based on your location and your site data. Collect BLM-AIM and NRCS-NRI compatible vegetation cover and composition indicators. Monitor soil health with simple field observations. Keep data private or share with others on the Data Portal. For instructions on getting started with LandPKS on rangelands, download the user guide below.
© Raquel Wertsbaugh, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
Soil and Ecological Site Identification
- Identify your soil and site characteristics
- Record slope, texture, and color for more accurate soil ID
- Determine your ecological site and access quick link to The Ecosystem Dynamics Interpretive Tool (EDIT) (US only)
- Access infiltration rates and water holding capacity of your soil
Collect BLM-AIM/NRCS-NRI-compatible Rangeland Indicators
- Complete 20-minute cover, composition, and height vegetation monitoring using a yardstick
- View calculated and graphed indicators
© Tegan May, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
Monitor Soil Health
- Document field observations aligned with the Interpreting Indicators of Rangeland Health as well as NRCS In-Field Cropland Assessment
- Store lab data with your field observations for easy reference
© Mark Godfrey, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
Discover Potential Wildlife Species in Your Area (North America only)
- View a selection of species that may occur near your location
- Compare species’ habitat with your data
Find tutorials, videos, and helpful guides for using LandPKS. Learn more about the methods used in the app. Access student and teacher resources. Access helpful resources for managing your land.
Training & User Guides
Videos and downloadable guides to quickly learn how to use LandPKS, as well as tech support.
© Chris Pague, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
Factsheets and other helpful resources about the wildlife species living on your land. (US only)
LandPKS Modules & Functions
Descriptions and background information for each of the LandPKS modules.
From Our Blog
News, updates, and deep-dives into the LandPKS platform and resources for sustainable land management.
Since 2019, soilID, which links LandPKS users to existing soil maps of their location, has been at the core of LandPKS, and we just released a new version, available now.
LandPKS in the Field
Download LandPKS today for free and discover the value and potential of your land. Use this information to plan and track management actions, and to monitor soil health and vegetation indicators over time.
Details on upcoming LandPKS trainings, webinars, conferences, and other events.
© Meghan Mize, courtesy of The Nature Conservancy
We have no events planned at the moment. Check back soon!