What is LandPKS?
- A free modular mobile phone app connected to cloud-based storage, global databases, and models
- A system for storing and accessing user data
- A system for sharing data, information and knowledge
What are the modules?
LandInfo– for rapid soil (texture, color) characterization, soil identification, and accessing soil and ecological site information.
- Identifies soil based on location + user inputs
- Predicts soil infiltration & plant available water-holding capacity (AWC) at variable soil organic matter (SOM)
- Determines Land Capability Class (LCC) for sustainable land use planning and management
- Determines Soil Color using the phone’s camera and a standardized reference card
LandCover– for rapid vegetation monitoring (vegetation composition, plant height, and canopy/basal gaps).
- NRCS/BLM-compatible methods
- Used for rangeland monitoring, natural resource conservation, and crop residue monitoring
- Determines vegetation composition, plant height, and canopy/basal gaps
LandManagement – on-farm record keeping (inputs, management, yields)
- Provides data summaries
- Allows for record keeping about crops, fertilizer, lime, irrigation, rainfall, erosion control, tillage, etc
Other Modules coming soon: SoilHealth and Biomass/Utilization.
Click below to download the LandPKS Application.